The economy faces major challenges to rebuild and retain the manufacturing capacity, jobs, and innovative edge in a global, virtual market economy. Several central questions arose during the course of workshop discussions on these challenges:
- How do we effectively exploit manufacturing globalization for the mutual benefit of employees, companies, consumers, and society, both here and abroad?
- How can the manufacturing enterprise effectively exploit the opportunities presented by new technologies, especially information technology?
- How can we maintain the pace of innovation, to create new jobs for those displaced by changes in the manufacturing enterprise?
- How can we ensure that small and medium-sized manufacturers remain strong and competitive?
- How can manufacturing enterprises tackle the rising costs of health care, regulation, and litigation?
In short, the key point today is how manufacturers can reduce the risks associated with operating in the United States.
The world of manufacturing has reached a turning point because of the influence and impact of Information Technology. The need for an efficient supply-chain network is driving companies to adopt sophisticated manufacturing IT solutions. Enterprise-wide manufacturing solutions have become essential for companies across the Automobile, Aerospace, High-Tech and industrial domains, among others, to sustain and succeed.
OperationIT’s engineers, technology experts, and business consultants have extensive experience helping many of the world’s leading automotive, industrial, and process manufacturers. Our information technology professionals have used emerging technologies such as mobile communications, virtualization, and cloud computing while helping manufacturers increase their plant efficiencies, better coordinate their supply chains, and more effectively manage the demands of global trade and environmental compliance.
Our consultants’ manufacturing consulting, business systems, technology integration experiences are at your disposal with a suite of high end IT solutions such as:
- Manufacturing Execution Systems
- Product Life Cycle Management
- Global Collaboration Platforms
- Supply Chain Visibility and Optimization
- Business Intelligence and Analytics
- Cloud Computing and Mobility
- Digital Marketing